National Youth Day 2021: Know the history and significance of Swami Vivekananda Jayanti 2021
The Birth Day of the Swami Vivekanand is celebrated as National Youth Day in India. He was born on 12 January.
National Youth Day 2021 is celebrated every year on 12th January to honour the teachings and ideals of Swami Vivekananda. This day is also known as Swami Vivekananda Jayanti 2021. He was an ardent disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and played a vital role in the revival of Hinduism in India. Apart from being a Spiritual leader, Vivekananda is also considered as one of the greatest Social leaders of India.
As the National Youth Day is just a few hours away, a lot of people across the country have been curious to know about the National Youth Day history and the significance of the day. So, for all the youths who are wondering what is National Youth Day then here we are with everything you need to know.
National Youth Day: History
Swami Vivekananda was born on 12th January 1863 in Kolkata. After his death, the government of Indian in 1984 declared his birth date as National Youth Day. Unlike other monks, Vivekananda was vocal about the importance of youth in the process of nation-building.
National Youth Day: Significance
He is known for his famous speech in Parliament of World's Religions in Chicago, 1893. He focused on channelling the potential of the youths and inspired them so that they could counter the British and seek Independence.
He wanted the youths to get out of their comfort zone and achieve anything they desire. He believed that the best weapons of winning the world are with peace and education. He wanted to inspire youths to an extent that they start voicing their opinions or desires.
For unversed, Swami Vivekananda who portrayed himself as Nationalist Saint was well versed in religion, philosophy, Vedas, literature, Puranas, Upnishads and what not. He used to do intensive research before presenting a speech or taking any class overseas. He made sure that he has a thorough knowledge regarding that certain subject.
National Youth Day 2021 Theme
The Theme of every year is different “Channelizing Youth Power for Nation Building” is the theme of 2021 National Youth Day. The Celebration would be similar as it was earlier But due to the Corona Virus Outbreak, Schools and colleges might not conduct Functions, Seminar, etc because of the safety measure. The motto of the celebration is to make youth aware of Swami Vivekanand’s Lifestyle and his sacrifices etc. There are many books written on this lifestyle, His ideas. We all must have a look at those books. We may get answers to our unsaid questions.
The Theme for every year is different. Here is the theme of the last ten years of the National Youth Diwas Celebration.
- The theme of 2011 was “SabsePehle Bharat.”
- The theme of 2012 was “Celebrating Diversity In Unity.”
- The theme of 2013 was “Awakening The Youth Power.”
- The theme of 2014 was “Youth For Drugs Free World.”
- The theme of 2015 was “Youngman” and “Youth for Clean, Green and Progressive India” (and the slogan was “hum se hainayishuruaat”).
- The theme of 2016 was “Indian Youth for Development, Skill, and Harmony.”
- The theme of 2017 was “Youth for Digital India.”
- The theme of 2018 ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi.’
- The theme of 2019 ‘Channelizing Youth Power for Nation Building’.
- The theme of 2020 ‘Youth Engagement for Global Action’
What to do on National Youth Day
There is nothing to do special on this day. We just need to read the ideas of the Swami Vivekanand and implants in our daily lives. The Aim of the government to share the vital thinking of the Swami Vivekanand among the youths. Swami Vivekanand has said that always stand for your rights. It is expected that Indian Youths will fight for rights and Channel their Inner Energy. Here are somethings that you must do on the Vocation of the National Youth Diwas:
- Participate in the National Youth Seminars in the local Clubs, Educational Institutes.
- Learn about the lifestyle and teaching sense of Swami Vivekanand.
- Donate Blood to save other’s life. Most of the clubs conduct a Blood drive.
- If you have enough knowledge about the Swami Vivekanand, you can participate in the Essay Competition and win Prizes.
- It is a great day to remember his sacrifices for our society and our country. The way of his teaching is a lesson for all the teachers in India. It is an eventful day and a great source of inspiration for youths.
So, to honour his vision, we celebrate this day as National Youth Day to motivate and remind the youths across the country.